THird THursday: ILLW Briefing 2022
International Lighthouses and Lightships on the Air Briefing 2022
ILLW 2022 occurs on 20/21 August 2022, from 00:00 on Saturday to 23:59 on Sunday. Setup will occur on the Saturday morning and tear down will occur on Sunday evening, the outline programme is:
- 09:00 on 21/08/2022 Arrive on site, transfer equipment to the John Sebastian and setup HF SSB station
- 10:00 on 21/08/2022 Start operations
- 16:00 on 21/08/2022 Close down station, dismantle rig etc. but leave antenna in situ
- 16:30 on 21/08/2022 Leave site
- 09:30 on 22/08/2022 Arrive on site and re-establish HF SSB station
- 16:00 on 22/08/2022 Close down station, dismantle rig etc. and antenna
- 17:00 on 22/08/2022 Leave site
This meeting will need to discuss and agree aspects of the Special Event Station operation as well as to act as a reminder to those planning to attend when and where the event is being held.
Aside from operating and logging there are a range of tasks that need attention to setup, operate, communicate and dismantle the station, these include:
- Setting up the station and antenna
- Operating the HF SSB Station
- Logging the contacts
- Checking the other participating stations that we work
- On site photography of the event
- On site video recording of the event setup, operating and dismantling
- On site audio recordings of QSOs etc.
- Social Media announcements via TWITTER and INSTAGRAM
- Dismantling the station and antenna
We are dependent on the technology working this month. If you can’t get to the Novers Community Association to attend in person, you can join us over ZOOM. Steve G0UQT is our ZOOM coordinator and usually opens the virtual room between 19:00 and 19:30. The meeting starts at 20:00 as shown in the calendar entry.
All of the foregoing is subject to the vagaries of technology and the stability of the various internet connections, which cannot be taken for granted!
Join Zoom Meeting
If the link above doesn’t work, you can copy and paste it into a new tab in your web browser of choice
Alternatively head to https://zoom.us/join and join with the following credentials
- Meeting ID: 984 1171 2853
- Passcode: 73009700
A note on etiquette:
This will be a hybrid meeting, which means that there will be people physically present and present via a video link. Can everyone please respect that this means we won’t know who is within earshot, therefore please behave accordingly; moderating language used to that deemed appropriate for polite mixed company that might include younger people and don’t shout over those who are not present in person. Remember to look to the screen in the room as well as the people physically in the room and avoid interrupting someone on screen.
These virtual meetings can work and provide a way for those unable to attend in person to continue to participate but only if everyone adapts to this new style of working.