Introduction

VHF National Field Day is one of the premier VHF contests in the calendar. Held over the first complete weekend in July each year the contest tasks each entrant to make as many contacts over as great a distance as possible in 24 hours of operation (16 hours in the Low Power class) between 14:00 UTC on the Saturday to 14:00 UTC on the Sunday with the exception of 50MHz (6m) and 70MHz (4m) which have shorter operating periods.

More details about contests can be found here.

SBARC have been regular competitors in this prestigious event operating from hilltop sites around the City.

Performance

A summary of our performance over recent years is presented below and will be updated year on year, allowing you to follow our performance and progress.

Year Class
O = Open
R = Restricted
LP = Low Power
Placed Grid
Square
No.
of
QSO
Pts Pts/QSO Ant Best DX km
In
Band
In
Class
2020 Special “Lockdown” Rules due to COVID-19. No SBARC Participation This Year
2019 50MHz LP 1 1 IO81ri 57 8325 146.05 4 ele MM0CCC/P 483
70MHz LP 3 12 1418 118.17 4 ele GM3HAM/P 408
144MHz LP 3 101 14635 144.90 14 ele DF0MU 682
2018 144MHz LP 2 6 IO81qj 121 25373 209.69 14 ele DA0FF 887
2017 144MHz LP 2 4 IO81qj 145 27011 186.28 14 ele DR9A 840
2016 144MHz LP 5 7 IO81qj 104 16600 159.62 14 ele F8KID 681
2015 144MHz LP 7 9 IO81qj 85 13081 153.89 14 ele DG7TG 771
2014 144MHz LP 6 6 IO81qj 86 13395 155.76 14 ele GM8FFX 631
2013 144MHz LP 3 3 IO81qj 173 44427 256.80 14 ele EA2AGZ 1059
2012 Rain Stopped Play
2011 144MHz LP 3 6 IO81qj 173 32668 188.83 14 ele EA1BLA/P 949
432MHz LP 9 11 1578 143.45 13 ele MM0CPS/P 389
2010 144MHz LP 4 11 IO81qj 139 24916 179.25 14 ele F9KA/P 943
2009 50MHz R 19 17 IO81qj 54 36893 683.20 5 ele 9Y4D 6984
144MHz R 17 126 28768 228.32 14 ele EA7TL 1670
2008 50MHz R   9 IO81qj            
144MHz LP 3 93 17663 189.92 17 ele DL0V 687
2007 50MHz R 8 8 IO81qj 37 42720 1154.60 5 ele K2LZQ 5457
144MHz LP 3 112 19791 176.71 14 ele ON7GB 883
2006 50MHz R 8 9 IO81qj 63 51685 820.40 5 ele SV2GWY 2301
144MHz LP 4 131 22829 174.27 14 ele PI4GN 670
2005 50MHz R 11 8 IO81qj 76 59246 779.55 5 ele J42AYT 2301
144MHz LP 5 98 25384 259.02 14 ele EB1EWE/P 1030
2004 144MHz LP 12 12 IO81qj 102 11368 111.45 14 ele G7ANV/P 429
2003 144MHz LP 8 11 IO81qj 91 16461 180.89 14 ele EA1EF/P 938
2002 144MHz LP 9 10 IO81qj 112 19066 170.23 17 ele EA2URE 937
2001 Cancelled due to Foot and Mouth Disease
2000 No Results Available
1999 No Results Available
1998 144MHz R 14 14 IO81qj 282 48036 170.34 14 ele EA1DKV 988
432MHz R 10 76 10392 136.74 21 ele ON7WR 496
1997 144MHz R 11 13 IO81qj 243 46976 193.32 14 ele DF2VJ 714
432MHz R 14 22 2418 109.91 21 ele G7OZV/P 242

Following the links in the menu will allow you to access a more detailed summary of some of the years performances.

Between 2009 – 2020, which is as far back as our available records go (and even the 50MHz log from 2009 is lost), we have worked a total of 837 unique callsigns and made 1402 contacts. Only 5 stations have the dubious honor of being in our log for all of the years we were active, these stations are: EI9E/P, G0FBB/P, G3PYE/P, G3ZME/P and G4RFR/P.

Of the 837 unique callsigns 710 (just under 85%) are UK stations (England, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and the remaining 127 (just over 15%) are from outside of the UK.