Winners of the Terry Dunsford and Jean Fletcher Awards 2017
The club has an awards system and annually at our Christmas Party, up to 4 awards can be presented.
This year the Terry Dunsford and Jean Fletcher awards were presented to members.
The Terry Dunsford Award
This is presented to the member who in the opinion of the club’s Technical Officer taking into account both the complexity of the project and the experience of the member has produced the best “Home Brew” construction.
This years award went Joe 2E0EIC for his ATU.
The Jean Fletcher Award
This is presented to the member (excluding officers and members of the Committee) who in the opinion of the Committee has given the most support to the Club in the last year.
Once again the Committee were faced with a rather daunting task when it came to selecting a worthy winner of this years award. Many members, including those on the Committee who are not eligible for this award went above and beyond to help out the Club or other members of the Club. For example:
- Joe 2E0EIC donated tools and patch leads to the Club. He also took part in most of our Special Event operations throughout the year including operating during VHF National Field Day
- Mark M0SKV along with Joe 2E0EIC erected antennas for Ray G3IOI who had recently moved here from Essex
- Mark M0SKV put up antennas for Paul 2E0GHT
- Gary 2E0HCC, Eddie M0LJT and John M0JFO spent a weekend fixing our new cabinet in the upper room
- John M0JFO provided transport for our BBQ, cabinet and much of the Field Day equipment as well as taking part in most of our Special Event Operations
- Nigel M6RUU provided accommodation for us during our Mills on the Air operation by bringing his camper van to site and basically leaving it to our tender ministrations for the weekend including tea and coffee provisions
This year we took the view that it was important to recognise the efforts of our newer members. Our longer serving members have had the opportunity to establish themselves and learn the type and time of assistance that is required to make our activities run smoothly. By contrast newer members can find things a little daunting and feel it is difficult to break into the established operations
For this reason we decided to make two awards in this category this year.
For his unstinting support in so many areas John M0JFO was once again a worthy recipient of this award.
For his help and trust we also awarded Nigel M6RUU